OC Animal Care takes in thousands of animals each year with severe medical or behavioral issues. In the past, these animals may not have had the opportunity to be adopted into homes due to the cost and time associated with providing care and training to them. In an effort to give these animals a chance at a forever home, OC Animal Care created its Adoption Partner Program.
Through this program, 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue groups can register as an Adoption Partner with the shelter. Once registered, groups will receive an automated email list daily notifying them of animals in need of rescue placement. In addition, registered Adoption Partners and any 501(c)(3) will receive a discount on adoptions when they pull any animal designated as special needs from OC Animal Care. Adoption Partners may also receive a free adoption if they choose to pull an animal that has been designated as part of the shelter’s LIFE Program.
Each year, OC Animal Care’s Adoption Partners save more than 2,000 animals from OC Animal Care. We are incredibly grateful for the support of our Adoption Partners!
If you are a 501(c)(3) animal rescue organization and would like to see OC Animal Care pets in need of rescue, please visit OC Rescue Track.
We always welcome new Adoption Partners to join our program. Please follow the steps below to register your group. Please be advised that it may take up to three weeks to review your completed application and follow up with references prior to being notified of your groups acceptance.
- Read the Adoption Partner Manual
- Sign the Adoption Partner Manual Acknowledgement Form
- Fill Out the Adoption Partner Application
- Page 1 - Fill out all applicable information and sign the bottom of the form
- Page 2 - Please list all of your local authorized adopters (pullers) and foster homes. We are now requiring a copy of identification be provided for all authorized pullers.
- Submit the completed application (page 1 & page 2), signed Adoption Partner Manual Acknowledgement Form and a copy of your 501(c)(3) IRS Letter of Determination by mail, fax or email to:
If you are an Adoption Partner that is currently registered with OC Animal Care and need to add/remove one of your group's representatives, please complete the Adoption Partner Application Change Form and submit it to the Adoption Partner Coordinator.